Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Wild Eyed and Crazy

Any time Jamie says, "Michael, do you remember what you did last night," I know I'm about to hear something outrageous.

Last night, Jamie said she woke up, and I was approximately 6 inches from her face, staring at her with my eyes wide open. She said I really scared her, and she blurted out, "Michael, what's wrong?" At this point, according to Jamie, I asked her if I was bleeding on the sheets. Jamie told me that I wasn't bleeding, but I continued to voice concerns about staining the sheets with blood. After crawling around the bed and an inspection for blood by Jamie (she thought I might have had a nose bleed), I quickly settled down and went back to sleep.

I can't help but wonder what I was dreaming about. What thoughts were swirling around my subconscious? Here are my ideas:
  • I just murdered someone or was just murdered.
  • During intravenous antibiotic administration, my IV access blew.
  • Someone punched me in the nose.
  • I just assisted with delivering a baby.
  • I was swimming in the Nile River during the First Plague of Egypt.
I've did a small amount of online research concerning the meaning of blood in dreams. You probably know what the conventional wisdom suggests. Blood in dreams primarily relates to the health and vitality of our lives. Bleeding may suggest open wounds i.e. struggling relationships.

I decided I'm going to keep a dream log. Stay tuned.

No comments: