Monday, November 30, 2009

The Best and Worst of Times

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom,
it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to heaven, we were all going direct the other way - in short, the period was so far like the present period, that some of its noisiest authorities insisted on its being received,

for good or for evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only.


Charles Dickens,
"A Tale of Two Cities"

Well hello there.

As Dickens said in his famous novel, it is indeed the best of times and worst of times. For Jamie and me, I suppose you can say it is the best of times. We're rocking along strong! Jamie and I have been working hard and playing harder. And since we've been running the roads a fair amount, I'll catch you up in due time on what has been going on.

From a blogging standpoint, it's probably been the worst of times. I got out of sync with my habitual blogging after the untimely death of the Winsty baby. And frankly, I've been about the busiest I've ever been (you know, the whole best of times deal) with work AND with play. But since we're about to close out another year (can't believe it...) and since I'm not much for New Year resolutions (it does seem like a logical time to start anew), it is now time to get back to blogging (cue wild applause)!

As I mentioned earlier, Jamie and I have been running around a lot as of late. Thankfully, we're done for awhile, so for the rest of the week, I'll be recapping some of our travels. Alright, now let's roll!

1 comment:

Landon said...

i had gotten out of the habit of clicking on my toolbar link entitled "the ford retort". no post no point. today i said to myself "what the hell" and clicked. now i feel like my life is back on track