Sunday, March 15, 2009

The Usual Suspects


Well it's been some time since all the usual suspects were in the same room together, but we managed to pull it off last Friday night. We really wanted to step things up a notch, so we attended an all-day singing and eating-on-the grounds gospel music sing-a-long (wink, wink).

If you were with Jamie, me, and all the usual suspects last Friday night, you just might have heard these things said (the statements that can be repeated, that is):
  • "I really don't type these quotes in my phone. It's called the steel trap."
  • "They bicker like they're brother and sister."
  • "Amanda told me the hired help should come in through the back door."
  • "Is that lady reading her Bible?"
  • "Jamie, don't touch the cards."
  • "In six weeks, I'm going to look like a heroin addict in rehab: blood-shot eyes, shaking hands, slobbering all over myself..."
  • "Thad's topics of conversation for the night included: Geritol, Wahabi Shriner hats, stool softeners, paisley sweater vests, the Buick LeSabre, and the way things were after World War II.
  • "Michael...now be honest...have you ever bitten Jamie?"
  • "That's not a dragon, that's a chameleon."
  • "Now everybody is going to look at my teeth from the side."
  • "Miiiissssssssstttttteeeerrrrrrrrrr Wiiiiiiiiiiiilllllllllsonnnnnn"
  • "Jamie, you're up one hundred."
  • "Go ahead and call Big Richard."
  • "That's what she said."
  • "Every time I look up, everybody is giving me high fives and I don't know why."
  • "What muscle makes your head turn to the right?"
  • "You're insulting the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit!"
  • "Raise your hand if you have a j-o-b and pay for someone else's mortgage."
  • "Does that clock say 3 am?"
  • "WAFFLE HOUSE...WAFFLE HOUSE...WAFFLE HOUSE!"
  • "John...wake up...you're home...get out of the car!"

No comments: