Saturday, March 14, 2009

One Year

The other day, a friend commented on how "low-key" the Ford Retort had been for the last couple of weeks. I had no choice but to agree. I explained to her that some days I can crank out post after post after post. Other days, it just ain't gonna' happen. But I won't proffer excuses. Let's just step it up.

Sunday, March 15, 2009, marks the one year marriage anniversary of Mrs. Ford and me. Hard to believe, is it not? I started to ruminate on all the prodigious thoughts I had to offer about marriage, particularly related to being married to a fine guy like myself. After a little more thought, I'm opting to post an entry later next week entitled, "Advice to the Betrothed and Newlyweds." The post will be advice to the betrothed and newlyweds. For the weekend and Monday though, I'll share a few recent stories about Mrs. Ford and me. Should be a good time.

Let me go ahead and let you in on a little secret about a one year marriage anniversary. This really took me by surprise. Did you know that around one year of marriage, all of the light bulbs in your house start burning out? I am so serious...you would not believe how many light bulbs I've changed over the last week. Really odd if you ask me. Good thing you stopped by and did.

No comments: