Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Yeeeeehaw!

Last night, Jamie, myself, and half of the usual suspects spontaneously showed up at the Dixie National Rodeo, held at this place. And beforehand, we grabbed a bite to eat at this place. While the rodeo is not exactly my cup of tea, I will say that any sport that opens its events with a prayer and takes time to honor America is alright in my book (small diversion: I believe it was Thomas Jefferson who said that the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants, for that is its natural manure. At the rodeo, I think my fellow rodeo-goers understood this).

Being at the rodeo was a lot of fun, and as usual, I collected a few quotes along the way to capture the spirit of the evening. To spice things up a little bit, I'm declaring this set of quotes to be "Jeopardy! style," i.e. all quotes must be in the form of a question. So if you were with Jamie, me, and half of the usual suspects, you might have heard these things said (in the form of a question):
  • "What's that smell? Did somebody step in something?"
  • "Did she just cut in front of me?"
  • "How many of these folks you reckon voted for Obama?"
  • "Did you see the belt buckle on that fellow?"
  • "Was that a cannon or sonic boom?"
  • "John, you want to go down to the stage?"
  • "What's Pawpaw doing?"
  • "Did you see me rob this bank?"
  • "Is that Tooter Silver I see down yonder?"
  • "Wonder how often they see a chiropractor?"
  • "What is she wearing?"
  • "I wonder if he's wearing a cup?"

No comments: