Monday, February 2, 2009

The Super Bowl


Yesterday evening, some friends came up to the house to watch the Super Bowl (if you're pondering their identities, I'll just say it was the usual suspects). While the commercials left a lot to be desired (the above video was my favorite), the game (which some folks still believe to be the focus of Super Bowl Sunday) truly was a nail biter. Congratulations to the Steelers.

So, if you were with Jamie, some friends, and me yesterday evening as we watched the Super Bowl, you just might have heard these things said:
  • "I didn't tell her about that text message."
  • "If you get asked to sing at the Presidential Inauguration, you probably go."
  • "It's very flexible."
  • "I have a cousin that trains dogs."
  • "You remember that time you thought you were pregnant?"
  • "I'm not gay or anything, but I like your hair long."
  • "Tell them why it bounces."
  • "You are beautiful."
  • "So about how long is 100 yards?"
  • "I hope that's what she didn't say."
  • "Y'all want some friend chicken..."
  • "I'm sorry. I didn't purposefully try to hit you in the face with that slobbery bottle."

No comments: