Sunday, February 8, 2009

Saturday Night Fever

Yesterday evening, I grabbed a bite to eat at Keifer's with a couple of friends, who I met at this place what seems to be many years ago. So if you happened to be in our general vicinity last night, you might have heard these things said:
  • "Mom, my hands are cold."
  • "Do you need a permit for that?"
  • "You told him you liked his poems."
  • "Mister we could use a man like Herbert Hoover again."
  • "You can always take back being nice; you can't take back being mean."
  • "When you talked to him, it was always very easy to control the conversation."
  • "I want to tell you how the Lord blessed me today."
  • "Take it from us: there are just some things they don't show you in the movies."
  • "Drew, we don't say retarded..."
  • "Be sweet, Winsty."
  • "You picked the ugliest goat on the island."
  • "Can you get the flu in your eye?"
  • "I got a call from Jacqueline the other day."
  • "He donated $50, and all he got was a big Ron Paul banner."
  • "What, what, what, what, what, what, what, what, what, what, what, what would you do?"

No comments: