Thursday, January 22, 2009

Well Hello There


I guess I unintentionally took a couple of days off from the Ford Retort. Didn't really mean to do that. So here is what's going on:
  • Jamie sent me the above picture from her iPhone. I told her not to get that bed for Winston, but...surprise, surprise...she didn't listen to me. I mean, if I had ripped my bed to shreds three times already, I imagine Jamie would make me sleep on a towel. But our Winston is too good for that.
  • Tonight should be fun. My six year old cousin Caleb is having his birthday party at the skating rink. I will not be skating. Afterward we're going to grab some food with an old and new friend. I might even get a hug (wink, wink).
  • If it's one thing I can't stand, it's a law abiding citizen on the Natchez Trace. People...go! Since I spend a considerable amount of time traveling the Trace between Ridgeland and Clinton, I know very well that it's rather difficult to pass someone during morning and afternoon rush hour. Before yesterday, I had only managed to simultaneously pass two cars (the Trace Double), but on my morning commute yesterday, I pulled off for the first time ever the Trace Triple! You just can't imagine what a grand feeling it was. Seriously, I simultaneously told three different vehicles to get over yourselves and the law and put the pedal to the metal. Those cows ain't nothin' to slow down and stare at! I'm thinking about going for the Trace Grand Slam if the opportunity presented itself, but I'm afraid that I would receive that honor poshthumously (different wink, wink) after a cattle-filled crash.
  • You may remember that I blogged last weekend for my church's Disciple Now. A responsibility that I spontaneously assumed was being the referee for the giant inflatable boxing ring during recreation time. Whoa! I was sore and whipped when I woke up on Sunday. A couple of those kids (and very responsible adults) went after each other in the ring. Luckily no one's body (maybe someone's pride) was seriously injured.
  • In case you're wondering, I haven't just been sitting around the house at night slacking off. I've had a lot of television shows to catch up with on Hulu, and I've been trying to do some reading. I plan on finishing up this book by the end of the week. I may write about it later.
  • It just hit me. I've got to tell my Eudora Welty story!

3 comments:

andrew said...

I am glad to see you are reading Outliers...I picked up Tipping Point, Blink, and Outliers over Christmas.

Rusty said...

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!! 60 mph is NOT TOO MUCH to ask for! Those people (yes I edited myself) that want to ALWAYS make sure that they don't speed and keep it at 45mph (just to be on the safe side) drive me nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Daniel Goodwin said...

I'm reading Outliers myself, so we'll all have to get together on that one. I'll be in town the 6th, as will LilPeeWee. We'll have to force LilPeeWee to read it as well. It's times like these that I'm glad to sign off as:

LilG ;)