Monday, January 5, 2009

Ringin' In the New Year

And there's a hand my trusty friend!
And give us a hand o' thine!
And we'll take a right good-will draught,
for auld lang syne.
-Auld Lang Syne

This year, Jamie, some friends, and I rang in 2009 at the Peabody in Memphis. We had so much fun being there last year that we decided to do it again this year! Let me just say, it's been a long time since I've had as much fun as I did and had my clothes on. And I assure you, everybody did have their clothes on.

So if you were with me, Jamie, and some friends at the Peabody in Memphis on New Year's Eve (say it with me), you might have heard these things said:
  • "Looks like y'all have Obama supporters next door."
  • "Michael, now when we are we going to go to Cuba?"
  • "I'll be here first thing in the morning with a Chlorox pen."
  • "All the single ladies..."
  • "Oh, I'm on red." (said many times in many different contexts)
  • "I wonder if you can just get the salad bar?"
  • "Look at Big Daddy go!"
  • "He goes from booty dancing to line dancing."
  • "My lips are chapped, and I can't breathe."
  • "Well, if it came to that, I assure you that Thad and I would just freeze to death with our honor and intregrity intact."
  • "If you liked it then you shoulda' put a ring on it."
  • "Ok, three glasses and a bottle."
  • "There's an invisible wall."
  • "I ain't got no business being here on this dance floor."
  • "C'mon Pawpaw."
  • "John, I can't believe you brought a decoy bag."
  • "Michael, don't do that. It will burn."
  • "Our group needs a name."
  • "Any reason you're dressed like a bouncer?"
  • "When y'all were whispering and giggling early this morning, I was up thinking of quotes."
  • "If anybody describes anything I did last night, I prefer that the word 'allegedly' be used in front of your description."
  • "There's no reason we can't go ahead and knock out three states."
  • "Michael, make her get you your grilled cheese."
  • "I still don't know how I feel about men being in Victoria's Secret."
  • "Yes, sweetheart, the life of the party did just roll up in a Buick."
  • "John is sitting by you to monitor what you eat."
  • "Why is the garage door up?"
Note: these are just the quotes that could be repeated in polite company.

To my "Peabody friends" (I will not be using that ridiculous group name)...all my love!