Tuesday, January 13, 2009

My Birthday


Some of the faithful Ford Retort readers know that yesterday was my birthday. As of 2:10 pm on January 12, 2009 (my Mom always has to remind me what time I was born), I could claim the title of a distinguished 24 year old gentleman (some of that may be debatable).

I received some very nice gifts and cards. My favorite present came from Winston; he gave me a very stylish pair of dress slacks. But my favorite card came from a family member (who shall remain anonymous). The front of the card is pictured above. I'm assuming that's Jesus?

The text of the card didn't say much or allude to anything about the picture on the front of the card. So I was somewhat lost. Here are my posits on the message of the card:
  • You remind me of Jesus.
  • You need Jesus.
  • You need to act like Jesus.
  • Jesus loves me, this I know.
  • I thank Jesus for you.
  • May Jesus have mercy on your soul.
At any rate (wink, wink), I am thankful I've lived to see another year! Depending on current age theory, modern medicine, and your personal eschatology, I've most likely lived 25% to 33% of my life. Boy, do I have some work to do!

3 comments:

cindy jo said...

Happy Belated....

Had no idea it was your special day! Won't forget next year!

C

Rusty said...

Ditto what she said dude!

Amy said...

Happy late birthday. I thought about it but didn't send you a message. I'd love to know which family member sent the beautiful card. Not that I'm making fun since this family member sent....NOTHING.

Amy