Friday, January 9, 2009

Friday Round Up

You know from yesterday's post that yesterday evening, Jamie and I grabbed a bite to eat at the Mellow Mushroom with some friends. From our conversation, we managed to squeeze out a few quotes (there's one or two from this morning as well):
  • "Well, I guess I need to wear my ass-kickin' boots on Monday."
  • "No, you didn't see this on the Discovery Channel."
  • "So you're tellin' me that..."
  • "Did you get that email on presidential limousines."
  • "Might need to pull out your TB respirators."
  • "You know how some businesses frame their first dollar they ever make?"
  • "I'd say they're in love."
  • "Somebody told me I need to fall backwards off a roof."
  • "That would probably be grounds to call the police if they saw you looking at a picture of them on your phone."
  • "Tell your Eudora Welty story."
Speaking of that last quote: last night, I got to tell my Eudora Welty story. My friend wanted me to tell it, but it had been such a long time since I had even thought about it. So you'll know, I plan on trying to type it up for a future post next week. Faithful Ford Retort readers, stick around for that one!

No comments: