Sunday, November 30, 2008

We're Off to the Big Apple


So how did New York City acquire the nickname the "Big Apple?" False etymologies abound, but if you're interested to know the truth, our friends over at Wikipedia seem to document a reasonable explanation. Just a random introductory thought...

Jamie has never been to NYC, but I have once before (I was actually there on the six month anniversary of 9/11). We're both very excited about being in NYC this week. Jamie actually has planned the entire trip. I really don't know much of what is going on (not much different from every other day). From what I overhear, we'll be seeing some Broadway and off-Broadway shows...taking a bus tour of the city...eating at some famous places...and other random events.

As for Winston, he will be spending the week with Jamie's parents. Surprisingly, Jamie and I both handled our goodbye to Winston very well. Winston definitely knew something was up a couple of hours before we took him to his vacation home...the pitiful look on his face was just particularly terrible all afternoon long!

I hope to make a few posts while we're gone, but we'll just have to see how that works out.

No comments: