Wednesday, November 5, 2008

President Obama

Well, it wasn't because I didn't vote...

Barack Obama will be the next POTUS.

I went to bed early last night, but I woke up at around 3 am. I turned on the television and heard the words "President-elect Obama" and immediately went back to sleep. This morning, I got up and went to my mailbox. Since I didn't find a check from the President-elect, I decided I better get up and go to work.

Monday night after I had gone to bed, Jamie stayed up and made what she called an "election night cake." She mistakenly used blue icing (believing that blue represented Republicans), so she was quite upset when I told her it was red that represented Republicans. But I would say her mistake might have been a prophecy..

The silver lining to the election is that resident Mississippi pinhead Ronnie Musgrove was defeated by Senator Roger Wicker. Hopefully, the only time I'll see Mr. Musgrove again is when he is singing in the choir at FBC Jackson. I catch them on television a few Sunday mornings out of the year...

2 comments:

Gray & Whitney said...

Michael, it's Whitney (Williams)...this post just made me laugh out loud! The blue cake...only Jamie! hahahah! Love it!

Enjoy reading "The Ford Retort" - you always make me laugh!

UMC said...

i guess we will get another blog post in four years??? you must work for Obama now?