Monday, November 10, 2008

The Weekend

Yes, there really is such a thing as a sturgeon!

What a fun weekend! Jamie and I had a blast with each other and some friends and family.

Sunday at lunch, we went to eat with my parents. They both have November birthdays, so we had a two-for-one-let's-eat-lunch-with-our-parents-party. On Sunday night, Jamie and I hit up Keifer's with Neil and Amanda (after discovering that Old Venice was closed). Again, I was reminded that the best thing about Neil Tullos is undoubtedly Amanda Tullos. And just remember, Neil, when your Monday is becoming unbearable, know that relief is on the way via the one o'clock post-lunch beating.

I won't say that the most fun we had this weekend was on Saturday night, but I will say that the most quotable outing we had was on Saturday night. Jamie and I dined at Julep Restaurant with some friends. Afterward, we headed up to the house and and played Balderdash. And so, if you were with me and Jamie on Saturday night, you might have heard these things said:
  • "The blogosphere is going to be lit up tonight!"
  • "We bonded at your rehearsal dinner."
  • "Do y'all remember on New Year's Eve..."
  • "I think your line of sight is crooked.
  • "It's pronounced brah, not braw."
  • "Yeah to watch television, I'm going to rig up a complex system of mirrors."
  • "What's a sturgeon? Michael wrote that one..."
  • "I'm so glad our significant others are fierce consumer advocates."
  • "Thad...do not lick me!"
  • "I think he just licked my wife."
  • "I have not even LOOKED at my Sunday School lesson."
  • "Winston, come see Amanda."
  • "American Tradesman Society."
  • "That's what she said."
  • "Ba..rack....O....baaaaamm....aaaaaaaaaaaaa"
  • "Is your upstairs decorated?"
  • "A saw blade."
  • "Mama Bridges."
  • "In Hebron, Utah, it is against the law to paint shoe polish on vehicle windows."
  • "Thad and I connected on the Italian man."
  • "What is John saying?"
  • "A Brazilian dance."
  • "Don't come that quick."
  • "I just found one of Jamie's pony tail holders in the vomit."
  • "By the way, Amanda, Sir Edmund Hillary was the first person to climb Mt. Everest."

No comments: