Friday, November 28, 2008

Since Thanksgiving Is This Week...

Whatever is good and perfect comes down to us from God our Father, who created all the lights in the heavens. He never changes or casts a shifting shadow. James 1:17

Since Thanksgiving was yesterday (I'm only a day late), here is a compulsory list of things I'm thankful for:
  • My wife Jamie. This gal never ceases to amaze me!
  • Winston. Not only is it incredibly soothing to watch television while he's in my lap, God has taught me more than one lesson while dealing with my favorite canine.
  • All Christmas decorations are up!
  • Regardless of who you voted for earlier this month, I'm incredibly thankful that we live in a country where we have a peaceful exchange of power between leaders/factions that differ in ideologies. In many countries, leaders are "elected" by who has the most bullets, not votes.
  • Good health. I was in a restaurant the other day, and I saw a lady in a wheelchair. For some reason, I really struggled to hold it together when I saw her. I wasn't sad because of that young lady's circumstances; she appeared to be a very content individual. I was overwhelmed, though, with my own passive ingratitude for my great health.
  • Our fellow citizens in the military who are protecting our freedoms.

No comments: