Thursday, August 7, 2008

Texting Calamity

Have you ever sent someone a text message/read a text message while driving? Yep, you have. What, you haven't? Liar.

Informing you of the dangers of texting while driving is unnecessary. If you have the capacity to read, then an explanation of potential dangers would be superfluous. While a wreck is at the top of the list of terrible "texting while driving" disasters, inadvertently texting the wrong person or the wrong content to the wrong person might well be near the top of the list. You can probably see where this is going.

On my way home from work yesterday, I texted Jamie...well let me pull out my cell phone...ok here it is..."love you too, hun." It was a response to a previous message she sent a couple of hours before. In the meantime, I had been texting a female friend of mine...just about some goings on. As I neared my house, I received a text from my female friend that said...hold on, let me pull out my phone..."Wow, Michael, I didn't know we are that type of friends."

I was a little baffled. What was she talking about? So I scrolled down on my phone, and you guessed it, I sent the "I love you," message to this gal, not Mrs. Ford. She's gracious, so it wasn't a big deal. But I do like to free myself from the potential to be blackmailed. If she ever accuses me of being the father of her love child, when I run for political office some day, I can point to this very post as evidence of my blamelessness.

Let this be a lesson to all you yougins. This is your wife...this is your wife when you text another woman and tell her that you love her.

p.s. Ronnie Musgrove is a pinhead.

No comments: