Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Oh No She Didn't!


This weekend, Jamie and I bought several pots...you know, those large, stone flower pots...at a store in Brandon. When we left, our final purchase consisted of three pots. One of those pots was gigantic..enormous...heavy...huge (apparently, we're going to grow and nurse California Redwoods on our back porch). So when it came time load up the gigantic pot in the back of the vehicle, I told my dainty wife to step aside while I prepared to confront this giant.

As I picked up the pot, I was struggling to keep it from touching the white Polo shirt I was wearing. Without the white Polo shirt, I would have man handled the sucker, without incident. But Jamie, seeing my struggle (and interpreting it as a lack of strength), bear hugs the pot without warning, and with one sweeping move, takes the pot out of my arms and tosses it on the back seat. It unceremoniously bounces on the seat and comes to rest, thankfully without cracking.

I was slightly perturbed at Jamie for doing this. I/she could have dropped the pot on our feet. But I became quite irritated when a young Mexican girl laughed at me (she was the pot store owner's daughter). And I'm fairly confident she muttered, "Sissy," when she turned and walked away. Being an adult, I just ignored the young Mexican girl's mockery and got in the vehicle, but as I cranked the car, Jamie says, "You know that girl laughed at you, right?"

Love you, hun.

Some notes and asides:
  • Sunday evening, I was at this church.
  • Here's an insightful quote: "The greatest opposition to what God is doing today comes from those who were on the cutting edge of what God was doing yesterday." - R.T. Kendall
  • Jamie laughed at me when I sang this song to her while I was in the shower. Some skeptics are still doubting my stratospheric super diva abilities...
  • Stop....read...get in touch with the realities of governmental spending.
  • The above video clip of President Bush is not directly related to any aforementioned content. I just ran across it and enjoyed a jovial chuckle.
  • Official Blog Observer Joe Nathan Snerdley reminded me about the "advice posts" I promised to write a couple of weeks ago. I know, I know...

2 comments:

John said...

I mean could you have at least sang lollipop?? C'mon Mike get it together...

John said...

oh yeah, i think it's number 15 on the CD that apparently you have been listening too... no "tirsty" thursday'n without us!!!