Friday, June 27, 2008

Friday Roundup


  • Jamie has greatly changed my eating habits. I was a finicky eater; now I'm a not so finicky eater. But one snack that she has me hooked on, that I NEVER would have believed I would eat, is pistachios. Oddly enough, I've learned that pistachio nuts are highly flammable and are prone to spontaneous combustion. Interesting.
  • Tomorrow will be a hard, grueling day of yard work. But with the help of my friend, Roundup, I will overcome. Having some formal chemistry training, I feel qualified to mix up a special concoction from Roundup concentrate. It's effective!
  • Glyphosate is the the active ingredient in Roundup. Glyphosate inhibits an enzyme in plants, which catalyzes a chemical reaction that leads to the production of essential aromatic amino acids. Here is a picture of glyphosate.
  • I had a friend inform me this Bible verse applies to me. I responded and told him this Bible verse applies to him.
  • The above image is how I felt when we missed "Thirsty Thursday" with the M Braves last night. But the threat of rain kept us away...and some absentees. C'mon folks...it's time to pull it together...you know who you are!
  • This has happened more than once. The last time it happened, I was at church. An elderly gentlemen saw me before the service, and after an exchange of pleasantries, he asked me, "Have you put on some weight?" Just last night, Jamie laughed at me when I told her I was 165 lbs. Do these pants make me look fat?

No comments: