Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Bowling

Tonight, my friend Russell and I participated in "dollar bowling" at Indian Lanes in Clinton. All in all, we had a good time. If I, like Russell, could boast 200+ scores and bowl five strikes in a row, I might take up bowling as a serious hobby.

If you were with us, you might have heard the following comments (warning: the following comments may contain trashy bowling alley language).
  • "Damn, Holmes. It's only $2."
  • "Well, if it's not any fun, at least we don't have a lot to lose."
  • "If you run across me in thirty years and happen to find me working in a bowling alley, assume I've fallen on hard times."
  • "He sure looks familiar."
  • "I know you'd rather spend your Saturday doing other things, but if you're not at the wedding, I'm gonna whoop your ass."
  • "I think the software that keeps up with the scores and players is rather simple...probably operated using a primitive system of levers."
  • "How old is this place? Didn't there used to be batting cages over there?"
  • "Man, you're hustling me!"
  • "Yes, they are primitive. Protruding brow, loud grunts, knuckles dragging the ground and such..."
  • "Bring on the suck!"

No comments: