Thursday, May 29, 2008

Stratospheric Super Diva

Changing abodes leads to new marriage-related discoveries. I was not, I admit, prepared for this.

In the apartment, Jamie and I showered and dressed in separate bathrooms because the master bathroom was too small. Now we get ready in the same bathroom...together...never more than 20 feet from each other. So you can imagine my intense bewilderment when Jamie got mad at me for singing (more often just humming) in the shower this morning. Apparently, she hasn't heard it the last two and a half months. Now I need to explain something to you. When I'm in the shower, I'm, for lack of better term, a stratospheric super diva.

Most people (at least men) tend to have lower voices in the morning. Not me. I can sing my full range at any time. So I take advantage of this. I mean, if you were me and could nail this song at 6:30 am, wouldn't you do it? But Jamie is not impressed. My killer dance moves even fail to pacify her fits of lamentation. I believed my ability to simultaneously sing the melody and harmony on this song might impress her...no sir. And I would have tried out this song, but when I sang along to it the other day when we were in Bed Bath & Beyond, she all but tackled me (it might have had something to do with the fact that I used a skinny pillow as a mic).

Well, live and learn. I will find other times to demonstrate my stratospheric super diva abilities.

1 comment:

Rusty said...

Ok Michael, it may be time for you to discover the BASS side of your voice before you get accused of being a white Michael Jackson...oops, he's already white. My bad.