Friday, April 25, 2008

The Banana Saga Continues

My banana routine (see earlier post, but if you don't want to, it consists of eating a piece of fruit in the morning on the way to work) has caused (me, this time) some consternation again. Aside from functioning as the offending wand in obscene hand gestures, I have also discovered that a normal-sized banana is about the same size as a microphone.

I was listening to this station on the way in to work this morning, and this song blared through my speakers. And let me tell you, I felt my spirit movin'. Hank and I connected. So I started singing while I had the banana in my hand, eating my banana. What else was I suppose to do? Put it down? So I used my banana as a microphone. A country boy can surviiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiivvveee iiiiiiiivvviivvviive.

In performing for my faux audience, I discovered I actually did have an audience...a man had pulled up along side me and was gawking at me. I tipped my fedora to him and quickly put down my banana and became straight-faced. How mortifying!

While the regularity is nice, maybe I should select another fruit for consumption: an apple, orange, or tangerine...a lot less potential for trouble. Other points of note:
  • I ate lunch with some friends as Cool Al's (formerly Stamps Superburgers). Whoa! That's a big ol' burger. Jason even managed to conquer the Classic Double!
  • Now that I think about it, I'm reasonably sure I've sung "Every Time I Feel the Spirit" in church. But we honky-tonked it up a little bit. I'll check with my sources.
  • SCOTUS Associate Justice Antonin Scalia is a curmudgeonly conservative. I'm looking forward to seeing his interview on 60 Minutes. It appears he's as feisty and witty as ever!

No comments: