Monday, April 14, 2008

Another Day....Another Dollar General

Jamie's birthday is this week. She and I participated in a dialog that went something like this:

jBf: Have you even thought about my birthday present?
mEf: Yes.
jBf: No you haven't.
mEf: Yes, I really have. I'll even let you in on a little secret.
jBf: What?
mEf: I already have it.
jBf: You are so full of it. You never get any present for me early.
mEf: No, while you were gone shopping this weekend, I went and got it.
jBf: What did you get?
mEf: Well, I can't tell you that, but I will tell you I put the hurt on the Dollar General.
jBf: unintelligible mutterings
mEf: Seriously, I got you some nice stuff.
jBf: Don't worry about it. Just get me a gift card.

Yes! Victory! Put a mark in the "w" column for the home team!
  • Jamie insists she doesn't have a birth day celebration. For her, it's a birth week celebration.
  • This morning, Neil needed some extra drivers to take kids from Prayer Breakfast at this place to their respective schools, so I gladly helped out. I really liked the three youngins I took because, like me, they weren't loquacious.
  • On the Rick and Bubba Show this morning (I don't listen to those guys much, usually don't have the radio on when they're on), Dr. David Platt, pastor of the Church at Brook Hills, was a guest. He had some good things to say. This guy is bright...two undergrad degrees and a three postgrad degrees. Did I mention he's 29 years old?
  • My friend Landon got engaged this weekend. Congrats to Landon and Julia!
  • I'm usually the first person to arrive at my office everyday. Because we have enough windows, and therefore sunlight, I typically don't bother to turn on the lights. Oppressive light saps my cheerfulness to work.
  • About to finish this book...looking forward to diving in to this one.

2 comments:

cindy jo said...

All women have birth weeks instead of birthdays- didn't you know that?

Rusty said...

$5 gift card to wally world each day for the whole week? is that a 5 day week or a 7 day week dear?