Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Presidential Primary

The esteemed State of Mississippi held its presidential primaries today. Since Mississippi has open primaries, I voted for Hillary Clinton in the Democratic primary.

As an avowed conservative, you might imagine that I had a difficult time voting for Hillary - nope. And I'll tell you why.

It's because I'm irate.

If "independents" can cross over and vote in the New Hampshire Republican primary to select our nominee, you can rest assured that I'll be crossing over and voting in their primary.

My local polling precinct is at a church (so much for that separation of church and state stuff). How ironic as my mission was divine! As I approached the Democratic sign-in area, my arrival garnered some odd looks from the poll workers. I guess I just look conservative. They knew what I was up to, but my warm smile and quick wit disarmered them. And of course, I knew the super duper secret pass phrase to vote in the Democratic primary. After I singed in, I said, "I don't know about you fine folks, but I'm ready for change." When they heard that, they dutifully nodded in affirmation.

My efforts at chicanery were in vain as Obama still won the Democratic primary in Mississippi. But as a consolation prize, I did get to vote against Bennie Thompson.

1 comment:

Rusty said...

Did you notice how many votes Huckabee garnered even though he dropped out? I admit that one of those votes was mine. It was my protest vote since I don't care for McCain. I told my lovely wife that I would not vote for McCain until I have to. I just couldn't bring myself to go to the Dark Side and vote Democratic.