Wednesday, February 13, 2008

An Assiduous Weekend

My brother Jonathan texted me not long ago to tell me that he thought my posts were becoming too infrequent, and that the posts I did have lacked substance. Well, excuse me...

I do admit, I didn't post much last week. But I was busy (not to mention the fact that anything I post is busting at the seams with substance). So be nice.

This weekend was an assiduous weekend. Friday night, Jamie and I ate at this restaurant with some friends (that's what she said, Thad). Saturday morning, Jamie served as the floral designer for a wedding in Clinton. We arose at 6 am to start arranging flowers at the church, so that the wedding party could start taking pictures at noon. Saturday night, my soon-to-be-bride and I went to a concert in Tupelo. For some reason, we sang and danced a jig (yes, a small jig) to this song most of the way to Tupelo. Every once in a while, Jamie and I learn a song together so we can sing and dance to it as we drive around...although the previously mentioned song is about as polar opposite a genre as you can find to the music at the concert (I may write about the concert later). I'm still trying to get Jamie to learn this song with me, but she won't...as of yet.

I have a handy tool from Google that tells me how many folks visit my online presence i.e. blog. Best I can tell, my quantity of visitors hasn't really suffered much. But I can't take you, the faithful Ford Retort reader, for granted. My friend Landon just told me he had forgotten about my blog. Come on, Landon...I expect more from you.

So I will be a faithful poster.


2 comments:

coollando said...

haha. my bad man. looks like i've got some catching up to do.

britbounds said...

To be honest, I haven't read it since the condiment blog. I must do better also!! It is the only way I know what y'all are up to though! Haha