Sunday, January 27, 2008

Satisfied

As Jamie and I have explored and sifted though music to be in our wedding, I've come across several delightful hymns (you may know that I'm a hymnophile (lover of hymns)). Many hymns express the truths of the Christian faith so eloquently. Songs will fall by the wayside and each new generation must find ways to express its worship, but there a few beloved songs, that regardless of syntax, rhythm, or instrumentation, are simply timeless.

Below are the lyrics to "Satisfied" by Clara Williams. What poetry! How refreshing!

All my life I had a longing
For a drink from some clear spring,
That I hoped would quench the burning
Of the thirst I felt within.

Hallelujah! I have found Him
Whom my soul so long has craved!
Jesus satisfies my longings,
Through His blood I now am saved.

Feeding on the husks around me,
Till my strength was almost gone,

Longed my soul for something better,

Only still to hunger on.


Hallelujah! I have found Him
Whom my soul so long has craved!
Jesus satisfies my longings,

Through His blood I now am saved.

Poor I was, and sought for riches,
Something that would satisfy,

But the dust I gathered round me

Only mocked my soul’s sad cry.

Hallelujah! I have found Him
Whom my soul so long has craved!

Jesus satisfies my longings,

Through His blood I now am saved.

Well of water, ever springing,
Bread of life so rich and free,

Untold wealth that never faileth,

My Redeemer is to me.


Hallelujah! I have found Him
Whom my soul so long has craved!
Jesus satisfies my longings,

Through His blood I now am saved.

No comments: