Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Marriage Counseling

Like many engaged couples, Jamie and I chose/had to participate in marriage counseling. Earlier this week, we finished the last of our three sessions with this man. I need to share with you, faithful Ford Retort reader, an announcement born out of our counseling exercises.

Upon the recommendation of Ken, Jamie and I are willfully declaring ourselves unfit for marriage. The wedding is off. Ok, that's not true. Ken just declared Jamie unfit for marriage. Yeah, that's not exactly true either. So I guess you'll be happy to know...we passed with flying colors (when I asked Ken if we passed, he said we'll know in 40 years)!

Pre marital counseling can be a scarry thing. But I can say that for Jamie and me, it was a genuinely pleasant experience. Jamie learned a lot, but to be honest, there just wasn't a whole lot I didn't know. Now look - go ahead and pick your jaw up off the ground. I said it, but since we're being honest here, I'll just tell that I've dated Jamie for almost 7 years and you can be assured that I've picked up on a couple of things! Nonetheless, I did learn and freely admit to what I learned. But still, Jamie learned a lot more than me (I don't think Jamie knows about this blog yet, so nobody tell her...).

And I must give props to Ken. He has a wealth of knowledge about marriage (and many other things, too)! Did I mention that Jamie learned a lot? See y'all at the wedding.


3 comments:

Jamie Baker Ford said...

ok mr. know it all...cook your own dinner 4 out of 7 days next week! we will just see how much you REALLY know!

julz said...

wow at the cockiness of mr. ford

Z71MAN97 said...

Mr. Ford Cocky? Who Knew... I thought i was the only cocky one...