Saturday, January 5, 2008

Glittery Facial Hair: A Tame Rant

You know what grinds my gears? Conan and Letterman grow beards, and some people find it noteworthy. Maybe it is worth talking about, but a couple of months ago, I added a beard to my existing facial hair (a goatee with mustache). No accolades for me. And I'm at least as funny as Letterman. Bet you didn't know I was a trend-setter, did you? Inane Hollywood antics will not dictate how I live my life! Anybody know when The Office is set to come back on?

Christmas decorations caused strife for me this Christmas season. Specifically, taking them down. Jamie and I took down the decorations at her apartment before the new year. That process incited some friction between us. Seriously, there was crying and gnashing of teeth of biblical proportions. Like I tell people, Jamie and I don't argue...we just have intense moments of fellowship. And what person thought it was a good idea to invent glitter? Or at least cover Christmas decorations (aka Christmas trickentry) in glitter. I'm still finding those twinkling squares on my clothes! Grrrrrrrr! Other points of note:
  • I ate at the Subway in Clinton for lunch yesterday, and I used their online ordering option. It worked. I would encourage you to use it as well...that place is awfully crowded at lunch.
  • I got a haircut today. A touch too much off the bangs. I may write about my hair later.
  • And to bring this post full circle...did you know this group existed?

2 comments:

Andrew said...

I always thought the beard looked quite swell.

As of January 5, 2008, the current strike has lasted 8 weeks and 5 days. The last strike in 1988 lasted 21 weeks and 6 days, costing the American entertainment industry an estimated 500 million dollars. So....no telling how long until it comes back.

Try Pizza Hut...you can order pizza online and they will deliver it to you!!

Z71MAN97 said...

Intense moments of fellowship huh... They get better after marriage...

PS I saw u at Subway... It looked like you were having way too much fun.