Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Fred '08

If you're a faithful Ford Retort reader, you know I've thrown my weight behind Fred Thompson to be the next POTUS (President of the United States, not to be confused with SCOTUS (Supreme Court of the United States)). If you're not a faithful Ford Retort reader, I heap great shame on you!

Here's an enlightening article. You really should read it. But I will quote one portion - you should take some time to chew on this:

From the first hint that he might run, Fred Thompson has been hounded by the notion that he is lazy, that he does not have fire in the belly, that he does not really want it. This criticism is put forth by the court jesters who know their brand of foolishness could not get an audience in a Thompson presidency. By dismissing Thompson as a lightweight, they create a negative impression for voters who do not really pay attention.

Couldn't have said it better myself!

No comments: